Welcome to the registration page for the Newport Art Deco Weekend! Please email answers from the following 10 questions to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. One registration per person. GBVS will reply (in a day or two) and let you know how to pay. All payments will be via check only. Most rooms are 2-person, but please keep in mind that some rooms are 3-person and some are 4-person. If you are not rooming with a spouse, you may be put in room with other same-sex guests if we get filled up that much. The rooms are plenty big enough and some of the 4 person rooms close off into two rooms anyway. All rooms except for the discount rooms in Fairlawn are $260 per-person. The Fairlawn shared bath (discount) rooms are $240. There are no single person rooms offered. If you definitely don’t want a roommate, you can pay a $75 surcharge to pay for the unused bed.
I will be placing people in the Fairlawn Estate first and then Wallace Hall as we fill up. Wallace Hall has some rooms with spiral staircases that lead to a loft bedroom. Let me know if you have any mobility problems and I can make sure you get another room. Wallace Hall is similar in quality to Fairlawn. The only downside is that it has about a one-block walk to get to the activities at the Fairlawn estate. On the plus side, it will probably be a little quieter at night.
Please view the rest of the Newport Art Deco Weekend pages to make sure you what to expect. Looking forward to having you stay with us this year. It is a weekend getaway you will never forget!
The Secret Code Word is: “Midnight”
1. What is the Secret Code Word? (See above)
2. Your First/Last Name?
3. Your Sex? (M/F)
5. Is your roommate a spouse or a friend?
6. Would you like to pay the $75 Surcharge for having a room with no roommate? (yes/no)
7. Would you like a discounted (basement) room that has a shared-bath located in the Fairlawn Estate? Once these book up, only the regular room rate will be available. Price is $240
8. Do you prefer Coffee, Tea, or Orange Juice for breakfast?
9. Do you plan on participating in the GBVS Murder Mystery Night? Friday 9pm-12am
10. Would you like to purchase a discounted group-rate ticket for the Sunday Day Sail Cruise on the Madeleine at 12:30pm? Price is $30 additional. Tickets sell out way in advance, so I would suggest getting a ticket now if you’re interested. Just keep in mind that they sail rain or shine, unless the weather is deemed severe. The 1.5 hour trip takes us around the Ft. Adams area and gives gorgeous views of some of the mansions. The Madeleine is a reproduction 19th century style schooner. Tea, soft drinks, and water is provided free and we are allowed to bring lunch aboard. Website is: www.cruisenewport.com
(I’ve chosen the 12:30pm cruise so that we can make 4pm Tea at the Viking Hotel if the group decides to do that again this year. The 2:30pm cruise time would get us back too late.)